1 head cauliflower 7 – 8″ wide
1 egg, large
1/2 cup Parmesan grated but not packed
1 tsp. basil
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Rinse cauliflower, remove the outer leaves and separate into florets.
3. Place cauliflower florets in food processor and process until “rice” texture. Some coarse chunks are fine.
4. Spread onto baking sheet, bake for 15 minutes.
5. Remove baked cauliflower and put into a bowl that is lined with cheesecloth.
6. Pull the outer ends of the cheesecloth together, having the cauliflower form into a ball and squeeze all of the liquid out. Do this a few times.
7. Raise oven temperature to 450.
8. In a mixing bowl add cauliflower, cheese, egg, basil, and pepper. Blend until all is mixed.
9. Place cauliflower mixture on the same baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes.
10. Add your favorite toppings. Kids love when the crust is various colors using different cauliflower such as those in the image above.
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Amount Per Serving = 1 slice
Total Fat: 3g g
Cholesterol: 28 mg
Total Carbs: 6 g
Dietary Fiber: 3 g